- Equine formulation for safe, effective, feed-through fly control for stable flies and house flies
- Can be used with all classes of horses
- Fortified with NRC recommended levels of minerals and vitamins
- Convenient, 60-lb tubs can be easily placed where needed. Larger barrels/containers available too.
- Does not affect existing adult flies
- Start use early in spring before fly appearance and continue feeding until cold weather restricts fly activity
Provide CRYSTALYX Stable-lyx with Clarifly as a free choice source of salt and minerals for your horses. When used as directed, it will provide sufficient Clarifly to inhibit fly emergence from the manure of treated horses. Existing adult flies will not be affected. Start feeding this product early in the spring before flies begin to appear and continue feeding throughout the summer and into the fall until cold weather restricts fly activity. Allow free choice to horses.
Horses should consume an average of 1.2 oz. of this product per 100 lbs of animal body weight per day which is equivalent to 12 oz per day for a 1,000-lb horse.
- Assure that horses are not starved for nutrients prior to feeding this block.
- This product contains added copper. Do not feed to sheep and other species that have a low tolerance to supplemental copper. Do not use in association with feeds containing supplemental selenium.
- Offer horses one CRYSTALYX Stable-lyx with Clarifly for every 15 to 25 head.
- Remove all other self limiting nutritional supplements.
- Locate CRYSTALYX Stable-lyx with Clarifly where horses congregate (watering, loafing, shade areas).
- Replenish CRYSTALYX Stable-lyx with Clarifly on a regular basis as needed.
- If intake of this block is below 1.2 oz. per 100 lbs. animal body weight for horses, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change locations to areas more frequented by horses. If intake of this block is above 1.2 oz per 100 lbs animal body weight per day for horses, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change locations to areas less frequented by horses.
- Introduction of this product after adult fly infestation is established may require treatment of horses with supplemental sprays to reduce the adult fly population coming from outside sources.